Monday, November 16, 2009

Overdue Updates


So its been a few weekends without an update but that's because I haven't really been taking many pictures and like to update with pictures and words. Plus, I've been feeling kind of lazy in respect to the blog. However...

Bouldering
Triple Crown, HP40
Had a blast with Andrew G, Tim Black, and Johnny Slice. No one turned in scorecards but that didn't matter! What did matter were the almost sends, boulder hopping expeditions, and bourbon-induced teabagging and shenanigans! Tim and John almost sent Mullentino (V7), and Andrew DID send Green Lantern Low (V8), Skywalker (V8/9), and Consumption (V8). "eh, Good Work.."

Trad
The Learning Curve (5.12a)
Chase and I went to Eastern Skybridge a few weeks ago to try this gem of a line. Only 35 ft long, it amounts to a marginally protectable highball boulder problem that feels maybe V6. The crux is at the very top and is protected by a shallow #000 Black Diamond C3. We chose to suss it out on top rope and I feel confident enough to make a lead attempt next time!

Stucco Nu (5.11+)
Andrew led this adventuresome trad route this past Saturday and entertained all bystanders with an epic full body shake at the very top of the dihedral. The cruxy run to the chains eventually spit him out and left him with a joyous 30ft. whip onto a #2 stopper! He finished the route and I top-roped it. It climbs fantastically and I am planning on going for the lead send next weekend.

Snotrocket (5.12+)
AMAZING ROUTE!!! ONE OF THE BEST CLIMBS EVER! VERY HARD, VERY LONG, WITH AMAZING MOVEMENT! Andrew and I both TR'd it, Andrew plans to be going for the lead send soon, Good Luck!

Goodstone (5.11a)
This thin splitter fingercrack gave me my first trad fall! (11/15/09) 20ft on a #2 Metolius TCU

Sport

So much sport climbing to mention, but I'll stick to what I'm currently siked on. Andrew and I have winter proj's at the Gallery and Purgatory. Mine at least are perhaps way harder than I can pull, but I'm going to put the work in and see if I can do them!

Me - Paradise Lost (8a), Zen and the Art of Masturbation (7c+)
Andrew - The Shocker (8c), Lucifer (8c+)

No comments:

Post a Comment